Official episode synopsis for Shadow's Waiting from Prime Video:
Moiraine and Lan lead the four villagers to safety, unsure which is the one from the prophecy. But the friends are equally unsure about their rescuers, especially once they see how far Moiraine is willing to go for her mission – and how far astray Lan is willing to lead them.
Cold Open / Prologue
Eamon Valda, an Inquisitor of the Children of the Light, also called a Questioner, burns an Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah at the stake. He retrieves her Great Serpent ring from one of her severed hands and adds it to the handful already on his belt.
Moiraine Damodred, Lan Mandragron, Rand al'Thor, Mat Cauthon, Perrin Aybara, and Egwene al'Vere still flee the trolloc army, arriving at Taren Ferry and crossing the river just in time. Moiraine ensures the trollocs won’t follow, and her methods are cold and severe. The Two Rivers folk wonder they can fully trust Moiraine. When stopping to rest that night, Moiraine begins to instruct Egwene in the ways of the Aes Sedai, as Moiraine can sense the spark of channeling within Egwene.
The next morning, the Two Rivers folk discover they had all had too-real nightmares involving dead bats and a man whose eyes and mouth are caverns of fire. The tension snaps and Rand argue with Moiraine, but she calls his bluff and the rest of the group eventually follows her, forcing Rand to continue as well. The party is met on the road by a force of the Children of the Light, led by Lord Captain Geofram Bornhald and accompanied by Eamon Valda. Moiraine must hide who she and Lan are and navigate the Three Oaths, one of which prevents her from lying. After some questioning, Valda allows the party to go although he is very interested in the group. Later, the Two Rivers folk sing of Manetheren, although they do not know what it is they sing about. Moiraine tells them the history of Manetheren, their heritage, and ancient ancestry.
That night as they camp, Moiraine is the worse for wear and finally succumbs to her wound and the exertion of the journey, slipping into unconsciousness. Just then, the trollocs finally catch them and the group, led by Lan, is forced to flee to the dead city of Shadar Logoth, where even trollocs and fades fear to enter. In the city, Mat finds a long curved dagger, sheathed in gold, with a large ruby set in the hilt. Before long, the group’s horses are found and one is consumed by Mashadar, and the group is split into three as they flee for their lives from the shadowed evil. Perrin and Egwene are forced to leap from the top of the wall into the river, Rand and Mat escape through a drain port at the base of the wall, and Lan carries Moiraine and gallops the remaining horses out of the city. Lan is caught by surprise in the forest when Nyneave al'Meara, who is alive and has been tracking him, finally catches up.
Cast and characters
- Rosamund Pike as Moiraine
- Josha Stradowski as Rand al'Thor
- Marcus Rutherford as Perrin Aybara
- Zoë Robins as Nynaeve al'Meara
- Barney Harris as Mat Cauthon
- Madeleine Madden as Egwene al'Vere
- Daniel Henney as Lan Mandragoran
- Abdul Salis as Eamon Valda
- Stuart Graham as Geofram Bornhald
- Krrish Patel as Young Boy
- Pearce Quigley as Master Hightower
- Vilma Frantová as Yellow Aes Sedai
- Artur Hawkwing
- Laila Dearn
- Perrin's father
- Perrin's mother
- Rand's father
- Egwene's father
- Egwene's mother
- Mat's father
- Mat's mother
- Mat's sisters (Bode and Eldrin)
- On July 30, 2018, showrunner Rafe Judkins revealed the title page for the episode on social media.
- The title is the same as the (book spoilers!) of (book spoilers!).
- at the Internet Movie Database
- From Amazon's consideramazon.com site: The Wheel of Time. Retrieved November 16, 2021.
- Amazon Studios press release: Amazon Prime Video Debuts Official Teaser Trailer for The Wheel of Time. September 2, 2021.
- Rafe Judkins' Twitter: (image of the title page). July 30, 2018.
- Rafe Judkins' Instagram: (image of the title page). July 30, 2018.