Marcus Rutherford is an English actor who portrays Perrin Aybara on Prime Video's The Wheel of Time. Rutherford's casting was announced on August 14, 2019. Showrunner Rafe Judkins stated his character was the hardest to write.
- The Wheel of Time - Explained
- 103. What is a Whitecloak? - narrator
- 106. What is a Trolloc? - narrator
- Inside the Wheel of Time
- Episode 1 - Special guest
Perrin is one of the Two Rivers gang that you meet very early on. He's sort of the gentle giant of the group, and the village blacksmith. He's kind of grown up as opposed to like Rand and Mat. He's one of the main characters who you follow across their journey. I think they all have something that they need from each other. ... They all have characteristics of each other that they need. Rand is very sort of head strong and will always follow his heart. Perrin is more likely to think something through and question it, but at the end I think he knows that Rand will always do something out of the goodness of his heart.Marcus Rutherford to IGN, October 29, 2021
- Rutherford has stated that if he could choose to portray a different character, it would be Lan Mandragoran.
Kae Alexander • Hammed Animashaun • Priyanka Bose • Ceara Coveney • Fares Fares • Kate Fleetwood • Michael McElhatton • Álvaro Morte • Johann Myers • Sophie Okonedo • Ayoola Smart • Alexandre Willaume • see all
- at the Internet Movie Database
- on Twitter
- 1883 Magazine: Marcus Rutherford by 1883 Film. November 18, 2021.
- Twitter: “It was about a man whose family was taken from him, but who stood tall in his sorrow and protected those he could.” @Marcus_Rudda as Perrin Aybara #WoTWednesday #TwitterOfTime August 14, 2019.
- Marcus Rutherford, Ask The Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime Anything at JordanCon 2022. April 22, 2022.