The Caralain Grass, also called the Caralain Plain, is an extensive area of wild plains in the center of the Westlands. The massive plain has no roads, no rivers, or any large bodies of water nearby.
At its widest, the Caralain Grass stretches for nearly a thousand miles. The land is marked by a harsh, biting wind, which chills unprepared travelers to the bone. Many packs of intelligent wolves are also known to roam the plain. It is largely uninhabited, save for occasional wagons of the Tuatha'an.
After escaping Shadar Logoth, Perrin Aybara and Egwene al'Vere are pursued by wolves to the Caralain grasslands. Chilled by the wind, they make a fire, but the wolves continue their pursuit across the plain. The pair eventually find wagon tracks heading East, and decide to follow them, though they remain wary of whoever lies ahead. They eventually come across a group of Tuatha'an traveling across the plain. The Tuatha'an don't typically travel that way, but they decided to do so because there were soldiers on the roads.
|The Wheel of Time appearances||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Season 1 episodes||✔||✔|
|Season 2 episodes||tbd|
- We're heading east for Tar Valon. You're welcome to join us... for as long as you can stand us.
- How do you know we aren't bandits or worse?
- — 1.04 The Dragon RebornYou were wandering the Caralain Plain in rags without food or gold. If you're bandits, you're not very good ones.
- Have you seen anyone else on the plains?
- — 1.04 The Dragon RebornYou're lucky we saw you. We usually don't pass this way, but there are soldiers on the roads down South.
Changes from the book series
The Caralain Grass is an adaptation of the (book spoilers!) from the book series.